The rural & remote health community was saddened in the last week to learn of the death of Dr John Macleod, long-serving GP of Lochmaddy (North Uist, Scotland) and one of the pioneers of rural practice.
The links below will demonstrate the impressive level of involvement that Dr Macleod had in the development of rural practice as a specialty, as well as some of his other talents.
If any reader wishes to contribute an official obituary, we will be happy to publish this.
- Dr. John A. J. Macleod: Wonca’s Most Famous Remote Family Doctor
- Tributes paid to former Western Isles GP (The Scotsman)
- SAMS member Dr John Macleod wins Fishing News “Personality of the Year” Award
- The late Dr John Macleod (comment by Angus Neil MP)
- Dr John A J Macleod (Country Doctor)
- Dr John Macleod – news of his retirement (Feature Article – Country Doctor)
Our thoughts are with Dr John’s family at this time.