Claudio Carosino: remembered

carosino4The news of the death of Dr Claudio Carosino, family doctor in Bussetto (Parma, Italy), has shocked the rural health community.  Dr Carosino, was shot whilst conducting a house visit to one of his patients on Sunday at 5.30pm.

Active in many roles, including chair of the EURIPA research group, he was known as a remarkable and delightful man who oozed enthusiasm, and touched the working lives of many doctors across Europe and beyond.  Just two weeks ago, he chaired the EURIPA meeting with Dr John Wynn-Jones at the 16th WONCA Europe conference in Malaga.

If you wish to leave a tribute to Dr Carosino, please do so in the comments area below.  We express our condolences to friends and family, and shock at the tragic circumstances of his death.

73 Responses to Claudio Carosino: remembered

1. Tiago Villanueva October 28, 2010 at 12:56 am #

I’d like to express my condolences to Dr Carosino’s loved ones.

2. Dr. Lilly Balos October 28, 2010 at 7:10 am #

On the Behalf of Serbian Medical Society and GP’s from Serbia as a member of Europe Council Group of VdGM Movement, I am expressing my deepest condolence to the family and friends of Dr. Carosino.
    I am shocked that something like this can happen at all in XXI century. Dr. Carosino was one of us, one of the GP’s that wanted and was making a difference. I did not know him in person but I have heard of him being a dedicated and enthusiastic doctor.We will all miss him. His tragical death is a tremendous sadness for the Family, friends, GP practice, his patients…As a GP I will pass this sad news to all my colleagues and coworkers.Rest in Peace Dr. Carosino.

3. We recently heard via the press about the tragic death of Claudio Carosino. Several young researchers from our association had met him, in particular during the EGPRN conferences and the french national General Practice conference in Nice.
    All were touched by his open-minded spirit, his sympathy and his perfect french.
    On behalf of those french young researchers, we send the most sincere condolences to his family.

On behalf of the board of the French Association of Young Researchers in General Practice (FAYR GP),

Paul Frappé
    President

4. GIACOMO TRITTO October 28, 2010 at 7:02 pm #

Ti ricordo sempre come collega leale e gioioso, amico fraterno e sincero.
    Il tuo modo di porgerti ci illuminerà e ci aiuterà a migliorarci.

5. FABIO BRIGANTI October 29, 2010 at 8:29 am #

Ricordo con tanto affetto e rimpianto il carissimo Claudio. L’ho conosciuto per la prima volta come docente alla Scuola di perfezionamento in medicina genrale a Modena. L’impressione è stata da subito di un uomo buono, preparato e molto umile e disponibile. Quella che è stata una intuizione iniziale, nel tempo è divenuta poi una certezza. Alla notizia della tragedia il primo pensiero è stato di aver perso un amico sincero e un punto di riferimento nella professione. La fede in Cristo che condividiamo mi spinge a sentirlo vicino ancora adesso.

6. Lamberto Tagliaferri October 29, 2010 at 11:13 am #

Ho incontrato Claudio ai tempi dell’Università a Parma e l’ho conosciuto due anni fa a Bologna al corso del prof Gaddi: resterà nella memoria dei bei ricordi, sperando nell’oblio della tragica morte.

7. Domingo Orozco-Beltran October 29, 2010 at 5:05 pm #

On behalf Spanish Society of Family and community Medicine (semFyC) our condolences. We were very sorry when we read the news. We want to feel our hearts near his family, his friends, his patients. Claudio will be always on our minds. All we are Claudio. Adios, hasta siempre.

8. Donatella Sghedoni October 29, 2010 at 6:35 pm #

Last Time I spoke with him at WONCA Malaga, he told me that being a rural GP meant mainly to be more available to patients’ needs and that he founf fulfillment in it .
    A great man and a great doctor, a sunny person.

9. We the Spanish GP have been shocked by this terrible news. We would like to transmit our deepest condolences to Dr Carosino’s family and friends as well as to EURIPA. We had the privilege of knowing him and of enjoying his knowledge, his willingness, his competence, his optimism, his goodness, his passion for our profession. Claudio will always be with us. Descanse en paz.

10. Mª Carmen Martinez-Altarriba November 13, 2010 at 8:14 pm #

We have said good-bye to a great one doctor, a great colleague, a great friend and him but important an extraordinary human being.It is difficult to imagine not to be able to see it in our next conferences, their place nobody filled it.I have cried a lot and alone I can tell thank you Claudio for all that you gave me and you taught, thank you for your friendship.My biggest affection for Maurizia and their children.Me you the hard thing that it is their suffering, I suffered a situation similar with my father
    Mª Carmen Martínez Altarriba

11. Danilo Visnjevac November 21, 2010 at 2:18 pm #

I had the pleasure to meet him at WONCA, Malaga. His enthusiasm and work on the promotion of rural doctors has been amazing. His tragic death is a great loss, especially for his family, but also for all rural doctors and general practitioners.
    Sincere condolences to his loved ones.
    Dr Danilo Visnjevac, Serbia

12. Carlos Jorge S. Teixeira November 26, 2010 at 9:55 am #

Fiquei chocado com esta notícia!! Como é possível assassinar a pessoa que se deslocou a sua casa para o ajudar a resolver ou melhorar o seu estado de saúde?
    Os médicos portugueses que se cuidem, os brandos costumes é um mito que há muito se desvaneceu e a agressividade por parte dos utentes é uma realidade diária e que tanto o Ministério da Saúde como alguns dirigentes médicos(os que se encontram comodamente instalados em gabinetes bem longe do contacto com os utentes)parecem continuar alheios oferecendo inclusivé, cada vez mais direitos aos utentes agressivos ao não permitir a sua exclusão das listas, obrigando os médicos ter que os confrontar diariamente.
    Este assassinato irá também acontecer em Portugal só não sei dizer é quando…

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Nombres propios (I) | Rqgb´s point of view - October 31, 2010

[…] Nombres propios (I) Publicado el Octubre 25, 2010 por rqgb Claudio Carosino: […]