Details have been released about this year’s RPAS (Remote Practitioners’ Association of Scotland) annual conference, to be held in Inverness on November 7-9th 2013.
A topical programme has been carefully planned, including:
- Training, Recruitment & Retention in Scottish Remote & Rural General Practice : Dr John Gillies, Chair RCGP Scotland
- BASICS Scotland workstations to refresh those emergency skills
- An RCGP-led workshop on Deprivation in Rural Practice
- Updates on Sepsis and Cardiology from specialists: Dr Grant Franklin (Raigmore Hospital), Dr Antonia Reed (East Highland OOH), and Professor Stephen Leslie (Raigmore Hospital/University of Stirling)
- A behind-the-scenes report of the Arran Snow Crisis by Dr David Hogg: rural GP in Arran and Medical Incident Officer during the crisis
The annual RPAS Dinner will take place on the Friday evening, followed by the AGM on the Saturday morning.
All are welcome, whether members or non-members of RPAS. We are particularly keen to see new faces, including trainees and students.