Islay Medical Practices
An exciting opportunity for motivated and enthusiastic GPs who want to practice dynamic, patient centred medicine in an evolving practice providing 24/7 care to the population of Islay and its visitors.
- Holistic Care provided across 3 sites
- Pre-hospital cover and 10 bed Community Hospital and Emergency Department
- Close and developing links with secondary care in Glasgow and the Emergency Medical Retrieval Service
- Committed programme of undergraduate teaching
- A supportive team of existing principal GPs and healthcare professionals committed to service development
- Busy island with a thriving whisky industry, tourism and Hebridean culture
Out of Hours care is an essential part of the work which we do on Islay, allowing us to provide joined up care and a higher standard of clinical integration. These posts are ideal for GPs who want to work as true Generalists across daytime practice, community hospital inpatient care and a busy rural emergency department. They are also ideal for those hoping to develop their CV, gain experience in remote and rural primary care and develop teaching skills.
The posts will be salaried for daytime work with additional pro-rata remuneration for Out of Hours. Successful candidates can expect to earn £100,000 – £110,000 pa.
Maybe you have become disillusioned with modern, urban General Practice and want to rekindle your interest in general medicine? Maybe you are starting your career and want to experience life and work in an exciting and dynamic practice?
Informal enquiries are welcomed by contacting Dr Kate Pickering, Dr Angus MacTaggart or Dr Matt Jackson on 01496 301039. Applications should be made by submission of CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 5pm on 22nd August.