Seeking a long term or permanent General Practitioner who has a passion for providing high quality of care to a mainly low income patient base. The centre has approximately 2500 enrolled patients and with the addition of a new GP they would like to allow more local residents to register. You must be team focussed with strong family values, experience in rural general practice is a bonus. A competitive remuneration package is on offer.
- You will be working eight to ten sessions per week.
- On-call is one night in every three weeks and one weekend in nine.
- GPs see an average of 25-35 patients seen per day.
- The clinic’s opening hours are 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
- The practice has two consulting rooms and also provision for minor accident and medical acute care.
- The base hospital is in Whakatane, about 45km away, and provides a good range of core health services.
Opotiki is a small, family focussed community, situated in the beautiful Eastern Bay of Plenty. It is a growing holiday area conveniently located – only a 30 minute drive to Whakatane and Ohope, one of New Zealand’s favourite beaches. There are around 9000 people living in the district, and around half of these reside in the town. The climate is among the best in New Zealand, sheltered from the cold southerlies and the yearly hours of sunshine rate high in the tables.
Click here for a scenic video taking you around the region.
How to apply
Email us for more information – email@example.com.
Alternatively, contact Lucy Tregidga, Relationship Manager for a confidential discussion on our freephone number 0808 234 7853.
NZLocums is New Zealand’s only not-for-profit GP recruitment organisation. www.nzlocums.com