Are you wishing to rediscover your enjoyment in general practice? Are you considering a new life? Looking for freedom and a strong community? Have you even considered New Zealand for the lifestyle it offers? Unst, the most northerly inhabited island in the UK (think Northern Lights, puffins and Vikings) is looking for a salaried Associate GP to join our team. Join a Surgery where you have time to care. The patient population is approximately 615 and we provide in an out of hours cover, and pre-hospital emergency care. We know our patients well, and this thriving island community is part of our lives.
This remote and rural post is rewarding, varied and stimulating. We deliver high quality patient care in a unique setting. The surgery is located in a stunning part of the world. You will find you have the time to enjoy the long summer days, the wealth of wildlife, cliffs covered in breeding seabirds and puffins, killer whales, UnstFest carnival, sea and loch fishing, and an ample scattering of ponies. Be part of a winter steeped in Shetland cultural heritage, Viking up helly aa fire festivals, music, local ale, fish and chip suppers, and windswept white beaches with crystal clear water, and of course the local junior high school pantomime.
Fancy a change? Take the plunge and contact us.
- 15 days per month, but this is negotiable and flexible
- Single handed dispensing practice
- ‘Golden Hello’ available on application
- Paper light, EMIS-PCS, Docman
- General Practice Nurse, strong links with Unst community nursing team based within the surgery, visiting health visitor, midwife and CPN. BASICS trained clinical staff.
- Personal development encouraged, and links with other GPs
- Opportunities for medical student and GP Registrar teaching
For more information: website www.hillsgarthsurgery.co.uk
Contact Dr Emma Ramsay Emmaramsay@nhs.net Phone: 01957 711318