News just out which will be relevant to all Scottish rural GPs and healthcare practitioners…Download a poster for your unit (2.2MB)
From 11 July 2016 the telephone number to access a transport team for advice or retrieval will be 0333 990 222.
This number will connect you to the new Specialist Service Desk in the Glasgow Ambulance Control Centre.
The Scottish Ambulance Service are making this change to deliver the following improvements to service users;
- Provide a single point of contact for advice or retrieval for all age groups
- Provide real time updates on transport availability at the time of call
- Utilise multi-party voice conferencing when required/requested for pre-transfer advice or planning
- Call recording for audit and governance
- Provide a single point of contact for mission progress updates
To report any issues with this new activation process, please contact the Specialist Service Desk Supervisor on firstname.lastname@example.org