The retirement of one of our partners has created an opportunity for an enthusiastic General Practitioner to join our team. Working in our very remote and rural practice offers different challenges but is generally less pressured and more rewarding than would be the day to day experience of most GPs. In the interest of attracting the best candidate(s) the post on offer can be flexed to suit. We will consider partner or salaried; full-time or part-time depending on what works best for you and for the practice.
We cover a large area (roughly equivalent to Ordnance Survey sheet 19) containing remote, mainly coastal, rural settlements. Join us if you desire the opportunity to practise truly holistic, family centred, remote and rural medicine in a relaxed environment in one of the most beautiful parts of the country.
- Currently 3 GP partners
- GMS contract
- List size 2,200
- Vision clinical system + Docman for mail handling
- Operate from 2 health board owned surgery sites; one in Gairloch and the other in Aultbea
- Many leisure opportunities (walking, climbing, cycling, sailing, golf) and good local schools
- No QOF in Scotland!
- GP training practice & University of Aberdeen medical student placement training
- Out-of-hours: weekday nights (Mon – Thurs) currently covered by the practice via shared rota (not busy). Weekends optional.
Want to find us on the map? Go to: http://tinyurl.com/aultgair
Practice website www.twolochsgp.co.uk
Informal enquiries & visits encouraged.
For more information, including practice profile and to request an application form please contact:
Mr Andrew Vickerstaff, Practice Manager
The Health Centre, Achtercairn, Gairloch IV21 2BP
Telephone: 01445 712229 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 20 January 2017