An exciting opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic GP who wants to practice dynamic, patient centred medicine in an evolving practice providing 24/7 care to the population of Islay and its visitors.
- Holistic Care provided across 3 sites
- Pre-hospital cover and a busy Community Hospital and Emergency Department
- Close and developing links with secondary care in Glasgow and the Emergency Medical Retrieval Service
- Committed programme of undergraduate teaching
- A supportive team of existing principal GPs and healthcare professionals committed to service development
- Excellent QOF achievement
- Busy island with a thriving whisky industry, tourism and Hebridean culture
Out of Hours care is an essential part of the work which we do on Islay, allowing us to provide joined up care and a higher standard of clinical integration. These posts are ideal for GPs who want to work as true Generalists across daytime practice, community hospital inpatient care and a busy rural emergency department. They are also ideal for those hoping to develop their CV, gain experience in remote and rural primary care and develop teaching skills.
The posts will be salaried for daytime work with additional pro-rata remuneration for Out of Hours.
Maybe you have become disillusioned with modern, urban General Practice and want to rekindle your interest in general medicine? Maybe you are starting your career and want to experience life and work in an exciting and dynamic practice?
We are interested in receiving applications from suitably experienced GPs to join our existing team. We would welcome expressions of interest from suitably experienced GPs for a variety of fixed-term or flexible working arrangements.
Informal enquiries are welcomed by contacting Dr Kate Pickering or Dr Angus MacTaggart on 01496 301039. Applications should be made by submission of CV and covering letter to Islay Medical Services Business Manager email@example.com by noon on Monday 30th January 2017.