Thanks to David Syme for highlighting this report which was published on 11th March 2017.
It offers a comprehensive view of the challenges and positive aspects of accessing and providing rural healthcare in England.
The report mentions eight key ‘health risks’ of rural areas:
- Changing population patterns
- Digital access and exclusion
- Air quality
- Access to health and related services
- Community support, isolation and social exclusion
- Housing and fuel poverty
- Employment and under-employment
There will of course be similarities between the issues raised in this report, and communities elsewhere in the UK and beyond.
You can download the report from this link.