Nominations are now invited for the annual NES Education Awards. With so much quality medical education being delivered across rural Scotland, we would encourage readers to consider whether they can nominate individuals or teams for these awards…
The 5th annual NES Medical Directorate Awards for 2018 is to recognise outstanding contributions to the quality of medical education and training in Scotland. Significant numbers of our undergraduate students excel in national competitions and awards, those who graduate from Scottish Medical Schools rank very highly in Foundation Programme selection processes and many of our postgraduate training programmes rank 1st, 2nd or 3rd in league tables of the 20 UK Deanery/LETBs for “overall satisfaction”. Due to the current nature of regulatory monitoring, often the focus of quality management processes is on areas of medical education and training that require development, however it is known that many aspects are excellent and deserve recognition.
A core group including representation from the Postgraduate Deans, GP Directors, STB Chairs, Scottish Deans Medical Education Group, Scottish Foundation School, NES General Management, Directors of Medical Education and trainees currently oversee this initiative. Awards will be made at the congress dinner during the 8th Annual Scottish Medical Education Conference on Thursday 26 April 2018.
- Lifetime Achievement Award in Medical Education
- Award for Scholarship
- Award for Process Development and Implementation
- Award for Innovation in Training
- Team of the Year Award
- Award for Staff Support
- Award for an Outstanding Role Model
- Award for Excellence in Facilitating Transitions in Medical Education & Training
- Nominations can be submitted by following the enclosed Questback link :
- The CLOSING DATE for submissions is Friday 16 March 2018.
- The nomination statement must indicate the award category, will typically be around 500 words but no more than 750 words in length, take the form of a narrative, and must specifically address the criteria, highlighting why the nominee is deserving of the award.
- The nomination statement may be supplemented by a curriculum vitae and up to three supporting materials (if appropriate). These can include: supporting testimonials, documents containing statistics, supporting research, evaluation or inspection reports, press cuttings and promotional material and should be submitted separately to Medical_Awards@nes.scot.nhs.uk
- Any queries should be sent to Medical_Awards@nes.scot.nhs.uk
Each category winner will be presented with a commemorative certificate at the congress dinner on Thursday 26 April 2018.Download NES Education Awards Nomination Advice